Ah, the end of another week. The weekend is rife with possibilities! Here's your weekly breakdown of the blogging world. Please feel free to post your own links in the comments...we'll add them to the sites we peruse weekly.
- Widows and widowers, despite Biblical indication, are the best tithers.
- The Third Way. What are the first two ways?
- How should Christians portray sin in art?
- NPR rehashes The AV Club's concept of Manic Pixie Dream Girls. Seeing them as that cliche certainly removes some of the allure.
- Who is the world's most influential evangelical these days?
- In case you missed it, Bryan Allain's Schnoz Report is still going strong (albeit at PfB).
- Sarah Palin and Joe Biden, depicted like so many movie posters.
- Ben Golliver, who once wrote an NBA draft recap for us, gets somewhere close to describing what the new Trail Blazers mean to their fans. Considering what we went through for years, and how much my city used to love their only team, I'm not sure there's ever been a more excited fan base. I know it's absurd, but I will not be surprised one iota if we win the NBA Championship this year. It's nice to know I'm not the only Christian blogger out there hanging on this team's every game.
- David Sessions doesn't think the films "Religulous" or "An American Carol" helping things at all.