Oi. 20 days is a long time to go without a link dump. So here's what's happening in the outer reaches of the world wide web. I think I'll begin in the most self-absorbed way possible.
- Spencer Spellman is a Burnside contributor. He has a helpful blog which provides tips on freelance writing. For some reason, he thought I would be a good person to interview. I happily obliged.
- Ah, but the self absorption isn't over. Here's a rundown of a scene from the Blue Like Jazz movie, provided by the always awesome Steve Taylor. Yes, I am a character. Yes, that is quite an honor (though I probably wouldn't say 'dude'). And no, the story does not follow the book, which is a good thing in this case.
- "I may be a Christian, but it's not like I'm one of those wacko 'love your neighbor as yourself ' types." I get the distinct feeling this is mocking folks like us...?
- This was utterly horrifying. Is this really "widespread"?
- The Bible in sand.
- If this headline doesn't grab you, nothing will.
- Heather Cherry's "Top 10 Things That Creep My Mother Out."
- The previous post reminded me of one of my favorite websites ever, which I revisited this week and branched off of to find new, equally spectacular sites. The acronym "LOL" generally makes me mad, because it's so disingenuous. 98% of the time, people are not, in face, laughing out loud when they write that. These sites, however, had me rolling.
We hope you have a pleasant weekend! Thank you for stopping by.