This." and then including a link or pointing to a previous comment they agree with. I don't understand anything about this phenomenon. I know coming up with a pithy entry on every link you post isn't easy. Well, I mean, it's easy, but I can see why folks would get tired of so...much...thinking...
But for Pete's sake, come up with something. Just has to be a one-liner. Or a word! Just pick a random word. It doesn't even have to be associated. If you've written a post about gondolas, use the word "nectarine." I don't care. Anything is more clever than "This."
"This." may have been clever at some point, but that ship has sailed, and it's time to get in those lifeboats and row back to shore. If other people want to stay on the "This." ship, let them, because soon they'll realize all the lifeboats are gone and they're adrift and the food is low and scurvy is a very real possibility.
Other common lexicon items that annoy me to no end.
- Too many ellipses. Just use three. Three is the proper amount.
- Ending sentences with "...said no one ever".
- Having your Twitter profile consist entirely of single words followed by periods. "Husband. Father. Sculptor. Friend. Lover. Minor league baseball player." FACT: 98% of youth pastors have profiles like this.
- Adding "lol" to the end of your joke. We all laugh at our own jokes sometimes. But don't tell me about it via electronic media.
- Beginning a sentence with "Honestly/Truthfully/I'm not gonna lie..." Are you lying the rest of the time? Have I been that naive?
I'll crawl back into my hole now.